martes, 8 de abril de 2014

We have moved

I wonder if the cockroaches
still crawl in Dave an’ Terri’s
fifteenth street kitchen
I wonder if they’re the same cockroaches
ah yes the times’ve changed
Dave still scorns me for not readin’ books
an’ Terri still laughs at my rakish ways
but fifteenth street has been abandoned
we have moved . . .
the cats across the roof
mad in love
scream into the drain pipes
bringing’ in the sounds of music
the only music
an’ it is I who is ready
ready t’ listen
restin’ restin’
a silver peace
reigns an’
becomes the nerves of mornin’
an’ I stand up an’ yawn
hot with jumpin’ pulse
never tired
never sad
never guilty
for I am runnin’ in a fair race
with no racetrack but the night
an’ no competition but the dawn.

- Bob Dylan (Mayo 24, 1941)
Músico, poeta y escritor estadounidense.
En Eleven Outlined Epitaphs

No hay comentarios: