martes, 17 de mayo de 2011

Is tomorrow worth tonight?

I went back to the old neighbourhood.
To the old walks:
The stretched avenues,
the solitaire blocks, the hidden grocery stores,
the small houses showered with leaves.
This was the place where I first lived when I arrived to the city.
This was my first home.
This was the station that saw trains arrive and leave forever.
Somewhere inside there was an apartment building that contained a door,
which hung '303' in rusted steel numbers.
And in its walls, beautiful and hurtful memories lay within.
I don't know why I went there in the first place.
I really don't need another book piled up in my tower.
A tower, that's what I am.
A giant tower of torn out books, covered in dust, trembling, about to fall.
Everything hurts right now, even the slightest things.
And being aware, being too conscious is the worst.
I just feel so lonely.
The afternoon suddenly turned dark,
it started raining fiercely.
But I didn't even take cover. One raindrop fell into my eye.
It blended with my tears.
And I sat down on the sidewalk, unspeakably exhausted.
And asked myself: Is tomorrow worth tonight?

No hay comentarios: